Personal Data we collect
Hot Tub Village Ltd may collect the following information about you:
- Your name
- Your contact details: postal address, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- Purchases and orders made by you
- Your on-line browsing activities on our websites
- Your password(s)
- When you make a purchase or use any of our activities
- Your communication and marketing preferences
- Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- Your location
- Your correspondence and communications
- Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
This list is not exhaustive, and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our websites; or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
How we use personal data
Hot Tub Village Ltd uses your personal data:
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- To make a tailored website available to you
- Send you goods purchased via the website or store
- To manage any registered accounts that you hold with us
- To verify your identity
- Keep the website secure and prevent fraud.
- Send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by email. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- For market research purposes - to better understand your needs
- To enable us to manage customer service interactions with you
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
We may also use your information to:
● Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
● Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
● Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website.
● Used anonymously to analyse to improve our customer experience
● Customise your experience by showing you items related to previous orders
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
All our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services providers.Global Payments and Paypal. Their policy can be reviewed via their websites. We will share information with these payment providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
Newsletter & Marketing We would sometimes like to send you information about products and services which may be of interest to you but will only do so if your consent has been given. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your rights We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. How you can access or control your personal data will depend on which products you use.
You can always choose whether you wish to receive promotional emails, SMS messages, telephone calls and postal mail from Hot Tub Village Ltd
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law. You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes. You also have the following rights:
- The right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- The right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
- If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Notice to End Users Your use of Hot Tub Village Ltd products and services may be subject to your organisation's policies, if any. If your organisation is administering your use of the Hot Tub Village Ltd products or services please direct your privacy enquiries to your administrator.
When you use social features of such products, other users in your network may see some of your activity. Hot Tub Village Ltd is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
External Advertising We sometimes use anonymous information collected during your visit to serve you relevant advertisements on external websites (referred to as “Remarketing” or “Retargeting” using Cookies. What does this mean? The result of this is that you may see products or our adverts displayed on external websites. If you would prefer not to see these adverts, you can opt out of Google advertising cookies at any time by visiting http://www.google.com/settings/ads.
Security of your personal information We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall-protected) servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password [and other login details] confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
Updating information Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
email@example.com or by writing to:
Hot Tub Village Ltd
Tel 01449 710167